Ceftriaxone 1gm Injection is an antibiotic. It helps your body fight off harmful bacteria that can make you sick. It’s used to treat different kinds of infections in various parts of your body, such as the brain, lungs, ears, stomach, urinary tract, bones, and more. Ceftriaxone can also be used to treat Lyme disease, which comes from tick bites, and gonorrhea, a sexually transmitted disease.
Storing Ceftriaxone 1gm Injection
Keep ceftriaxone in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. This helps maintain its effectiveness.
• Respiratory Infections
• Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs
• Skin and Soft Tissue Infections
• Bone and Joint Infections
• Intra-abdominal Infections
• Bloodstream Infections
• Heart Infections
• Lyme Disease
Before Taking Ceftriaxone 1gm Injection
• You’ve recently used products containing calcium.
• You’ve had diarrhea after taking antibiotics before.
• You’ve had bowel inflammation, kidney stones, or other health issues.
• You’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
• You plan to drive, as ceftriaxone might make you feel dizzy.
• You drink alcohol; it’s best to avoid it while taking Ceftriaxone to prevent unpleasant side effects.
Interactions With Other Drugs
Ceftriaxone might interact with certain other drugs, including:
• Furosemide (a diuretic)
• Chloramphenicol (another antibiotic)
• Alcohol: It’s a good idea to avoid alcohol while you’re on Ceftriaxone to prevent any unwanted side effects.
• Breastfeeding: If you’re breastfeeding, consult your doctor before taking ceftriaxone.
• Liver: If you have concerns about your liver or liver disease, talk to your doctor.
• Kidneys: If you’re worried about your kidneys or have kidney problems, consult your doctor. They will assess whether any dose adjustments are necessary.
Ceftriaxone is not a habit-forming medicine, so you don’t need to worry about becoming addicted to it.
If you’re taking Ceftriaxone and need certain diagnostic tests, such as a Coombs test (for blood problems), tests for galactosemia (a condition involving galactose sugar), or glucose tests, make sure to tell your doctor. Ceftriaxone can affect the results of these tests. Also, don’t mix or take ceftriaxone at the same time as solutions that contain calcium, including total parenteral nutrition.
Ceftriaxone 1gm Injection is a crucial medication for treating various bacterial infections. It plays a vital role in healthcare, and its availability is supported by dedicated manufacturers in India. Farlex Critical Care recognizes the significance of Ceftriaxone 1gm Injection Manufacturers in India in ensuring its accessibility for patients in need of effective infection treatment.